Wednesday 23 March 2011

Mclovin - Demo

So i make a small rant on facebook (how sad am i?) and a good buddy of my sez i should review his demo.So why not?

Mclovin hails from around Western Sydney, where apart from the north coast, all the sloppy hamfistmoshdeathgoatsecore is inbredded, so in all honestly I haven't been this satisfied from a band that resides from my birthplace since the days of Corsairs.

The 10-song demo is like a smorgasbord of  all things punk.It's got thrash, 90's metalcore, powerviolence, hardcore,etc.It could've treaded into a confusing mess where they're just cotton picking all their favorite bits and devioding themselves of any identity.But it doesn't. They make their mixed nuts of hardcore their own almost flawlessly.The drums are seriously solid and riffs are...whoa.This is all tied together by Tom's vocals, which are throughout relentless and hostile.

I've listened to this a few times and it still surprises me how at the start you expect a song to go, say, right, but then it takes a fuck-you turn to the left and you find one more thing to appreciate.Heck even the shorter songs will take you by surprise when you least expect it.I don't really have any criticism for this except it's too short! moar plz.

This is on par with any hardcore fans out there that dig the likes of Trash Talk, Pulling Teeth and people that are sick of the plodding shitcore that the west has to offer (Hand Of Mercy? more like Hand Of Wanky! HEY-OOOOO!) and wants something a little more fucking better.

Oh yeah and they are fucking mad live.They destroyed my house for my 18th party and no pillows,ice-cubes,mattresses,chairs,cymbals,microphones,eskies,people,singers,or even my 360 and N64 was safe! And you should buy their outrageous merch, I has pedobear on mine =3.

http://www.facebook.com/McLovinSydney
http://www.mclovin.bigcartel.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment